The introduction of Easy VasectomyⓇ with no scalpel, no needle has successfully allayed many men’s fears with regard to the scalpel and needle. It is safer, less invasive, and has fewer complications and quick recovery. Under local anesthesia, only a tiny puncture is made at the midline of the scrotum skin. It can be done in less than 10 minutes. You don’t need to do any special preparations except simple consideration and common sense as listed below.
Before the Easy VasectomyⓇ :
- Review the information on vasectomy in our website. Read and Understand the “Post Vasectomy Instructions”in the website, so that you know what to expect.
- To prevent the possibility of increased bleeding, do not take aspirin or other blood thinners for 7 days before the procedure.
- Please shave the front wall of scrotum and underside of the penis, then take a good shower before you leave home for vasectomy. You will be asked to refrain from doing so again until 2 days after your procedure.
- Shower and Use no powder or deodorant in the genital area on the day of your procedure.
- Don’t bring an athletic supporter, we provide you a free athletic supporter on the day of the procedure.
- Be prepared to sign the operative consent sheet upon your arrival in the office. Think of any questions you may want to ask your doctor.
- You are able to drive home by yourself after the surgery although a flat tire or fender bender could lead to complications.
- Eat before your procedure, a normal breakfast or lunch. Nervous men who do not eat beforehand are more likely to become lightheaded during or after their vasectomies.
- If you are extremely nervous about it, please call us or come half hour early. You may need a sedative to relax, then you should arrange a driver.